Rootsafrikiko.com is a sophisticated online publication about Africa, Our online community is a fun place for Africans to meet online and explore Africa together. Roots Afrikiko is helping Africans in the diaspora and others who are interested in Africa to find, share and interact with one another. Pull up a chair. Come take a taste. Africa life is endlessly delicious
Good review. These are a few of my thoughts.
1. Great movie which took a lot of risks
2. One of such risks was to make the movie in yoruba.the original is in English
3.rich in dialogue and showcased the great Yoruba culture
4. As you alluded to, great sound and musical direction by BRYMO and welcome acting debut
5. Can someone give Shaffy Bello her flowers? We are used to seeing her play posh sugar mummies and upper class British returnee..she didn't 180 degree turn and nailed the Yoruba dialect and matched up to Odun..In my view she was the best actor in the movie
6.another risk which paid off was to have the dialogue between Pikins and Elesin in their respective languages .novel, unique and great cinema
7.great cinematography, costume design and set design ( where they used for the ball)
8. Film length. other plays have been longer..the idea was to go straight to the point..this movie is a classic. Great job to all concerned
Pls,some1, should talk about d scenes where Elesin was locked up and oyinbo was understanding what he said and vice versa! How did that happen? No interpreter nothing..then d beginning with all d intro written out for viewers instead of a narration..